Hello friends and family,
All students are safe on the compound.
Currently, our flight out of Lima has been canceled for Friday. Here's how this will affect our team:
1. As of right now, we are preparing to be here while the country is on lockdown. The Peruvians working for IncaLink are taking very good care of us. They are, as we speak, going out and buying all the necessary food and supplies. There will also be a trip to the pharmacy here for those of us on the trip with medicinal needs.
2. We will not be leaving the compound area that we have been living at and will continue to stay there. We have food, water, and shelter! (and a washing machine)
3. We are in contact with the Canadian Embassy and asking for help. We have let them know who is on our trip with us and are trying to get a hold of anyone who can get us more information.
4. We are preparing for an extended stay here on the compound before we can get a flight out. However, we are still trying to figure out all our options.
5. Once things are all figured out, we will try and connect you with your student for some time over the phone, we will keep you posted.
We understand that you may be concerned or have questions. We are doing our best on our end to discern what the best travel options are.
We also want to encourage your hearts that we are in a very safe place and well taken care of. We read 1 Peter 5:6-7 with the students and know that our God is taking care of us. We will update you as much and as quickly as we can. We are all in this together, and appreciate all your prayers!
Mission Peru 2020
Leave a Comment